Friday 8 February 2013

Critical Framework

After speaking to Ryan last week I went off and read a few project dissertations and proposals on similar research projects to help identify my critical framework criteria. I also took notes from various GDC conference presentations that I'd looked at, and drew up a list of what I thought were influencing factors in environmental narrative.

Ambient:

Colour
Lighting/Shadows
Materials/Textures
Space
*Sounds. (No sound will be used in final environment.)
Framing
Geography (Vistas)
Architecture

Narrative;

Player Created Space
Scenes, Events and Vignettes

Props;

Artefacts
Decals
Effects
Posters and Graffiti

Navigational;

Beacon
Signpost
Trail

I'll be using this framework criteria to analyse scenes in games to see how effectively they can be used in conveying narrative.

Compiled the info into a mind map to make it a bit clearer:



No comments:

Post a Comment