Thursday 11 April 2013

11.04.13 - Happy / Content Scene

To contrast with the darker themes of the Nursery scenes and the Drug Dependency scene, Ryan and I spoke about including a scene with happier themes, so thought about showing a happy/content couple through a room. So I started work on the basics of that this week. I am finding it pretty difficult to come up with ideas on how to show this. I found it much more rewarding and thought provoking to create the scenes with darker themes, I feel that this room is just starting to look like a showflat and doesn't have much personality at all. All I can think about including in a happy couple's room is nice, matching furniture to hint at their contentedness as they are wealthy enough to afford nice furniture and fixings. This in itself is annoying me because I feel it's pretty naff.







Also the only thing I could think of that really shows off their happiness would be a bottle of champagne with glasses on the bed, as though they are celebrating getting engaged or something. Having photoframes with pictures in of a happy couple would also help to illustrate this, but at the moment I feel like I'm just putting together the building blocks for a showflat and I'm not really sure how I'm going to get over this creative hump and create something with a bit more personality and backstory.

No comments:

Post a Comment