Friday 16 November 2012

To do List!

I've been having trouble motivating myself over the past week, partly due to feeling ill. So this happened...
Sounds silly but I was in a rut and needed a way out of it! Found this website (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pickthebrain.com%2Fblog%2Fhow-to-motivate-yourself%2F&h=vAQFwwPPM)

And I actually found it pretty helpful! It details the reasons we lose motivation and addresses the problem head on to understand it's more than just "I feel lazy therefore I'm not doing any work".

I found it really helpful, so if anyone is stuck in a rut or just finding it difficult to get on with work, I would really recommend you take at look at this webpage.



One of the things it suggests is to make a longterm "Focus" which is like a longterm Goal. For me this would be something like creating a milestone for work I need to have done such as;

Complete Research proposal

Although since I've got way more than just that to focus on I've picked a realistic list of things to get done, which won't be too overwhelming in the grand scheme of things.

Complete Research Proposal
Do more Concept Development
Continue Research into lead artists on Heavy Rain
Continue working on Heavy Rain case study

Now that I've identified my "focus" I need to find "Direction", which is a day to day strategy for achieving the Focus.

1. Block out remainder of Research Proposal.
2. Compile useful quotes into categories or chapters in the Lit Review
3. Take inspiration from Heavy Rain concept artists and continue modelling one of their concepts in Maya.
4.Find more info for Case Study, interviews etc.
5. Identify structure for Case study by looking at examples within dissertations on Blackboard.


So that forms the basis of my to do list. Depending on how much I get done over the weekened this will change on Monday.

Thinking it might be a good idea to come up with a new to do list or "Focus" each week and a smaller breakdown "Direction" of a daily to do list to achieve the weekly goal. If I put it up here it would probably motivate me more than just keeping it inside my brain and pushing it away. At least if it's up here it's out in the world and I'll feel the pressure to get it done!


Here's hoping anyway....

I'm also going to write it out and stick it on my wall so it's always there and I can't ignore it...



I'll add "buy a better colour highlighter" to that list....






No comments:

Post a Comment