Monday 22 April 2013

22.04.13 Texture progress

Carrying on texturing the depression/poverty/drug abuse scene. Got on to doing the kitchen area.



The cooker faceplate took me a while to do because the numbers around the dials were pixelated horribly when rendered out, so I separated it from the main mesh and applied a new texture at a higher resolution  rather than having it stretch accross the whole cooker object which just looked horrible. I also created a vector flame graphic for the gass switch button, I don't think you'll really see it clearly in the final renders but it's there just for continuity. Needed the faceplace and cooker to look like all the dirt and grime was cooked on, or ingrained into it, so I created a bump map and played around with the settings until I was happy with how grimy it looked. The cooker handle I figured would not only be grimy but also a bit rusty due to all the spillages and various other bacteria corroding away at the metal over time. This is a 3D procedural texture.




Finally the walls are whitewashed with some yellowed dirt near the ceiling to suggest that they have been stained by excessive smoking.


The walls were looking a bit too "bright white" to really show off the amount of dirt that would have accumulated on them, so I made them a bit duller and a bit more yellow to show off how dingy they really are.







No comments:

Post a Comment